Tuesday, December 22, 2009

TWD: My Favorite Pecan Pie

This is going to be a drive-by-posting. Just finished baking, and I'm off to see The Addams Family tonight.

Here's a photo of the pie. VERY dark crust. I used Dorie's recipe, but I think I'm going to go back to my favorite. I just find it easier to work with. My family will chomp tonight, I'll taste it tomorrow, and I'll let you know the verdict in an update.


***Edited to add - This pie got mixed reviews. The girl thought there were too many nuts. We did try to tell her it was pecan pie, but ah well. The husband thought it had too much cinnamon. I think the coffee flavor is a bit too pronounced. But I love the texture and the fact that it's not too sweet. I would definitely make it a get with a bit less espresso powder and cinnamon. And the crust that I like better.

Check out Brina's blog, Someone's in the Kitchen with Brina for the recipe.


6 comments:

Heather said...

This pie looks very delicious. I would like to know which your fave recipe is; it's always fun trying different versions.

Megan said...

A drive by posting? Love it! Sounds like my life right about now -

I'm going to try your crust recipe since mine always fails. And Dorie's crust doesn't work for me either.

Bella Baker said...

I've had success with Dorie's pie crust, but it sounds like a lot of people don't. Oh well...I think your pie looks great! I made mini pies and really enjoyed them!

TeaLady said...

Pecan Pie = NUTS. DUH!!! I prefer mine plain.

Yours looks delicious.

Paula said...

I'm with you on the crust and strong flavorings. Curious what your favorite crust recipe looks like.

Hindy said...

That's a well done crust? Oops. mine always look like that.
I agree this was an interesting pie. Lots learned.
Yours looks lovely!