Tuesday, July 05, 2011

TWD: Chocolate Chunk Muffins

Slightly behind on my posting tonight. I only find that funny because I made the muffins last week. I'm good about baking. I'm happy to take pictures. I'm just really lousy and getting the photos from the camera to the computer. But, they're here now!

Tah dah! Muffins!

These were simple to put together. They are VERY chocolatey. The flavor comes from melted chocolate as well as chunks. I used a chocolate that we had in the cabinet that had diced candied ginger in it. It was definitely a good choice.

Had I waited to make these after a few other bakers chimed in, I might have added more chips. Most folks thought it was better with more chips. I probably could go either way.

These really are a rich, gorgeous brown. Chocolate for breakfast! It's a win.

Go see The Way the Cookie Crumbles for the recipe. Or seriously, go buy the book already!

**baby steps on improving my photos. Playing with natural light and using closer shots. Baby steps.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look really chocolatey! I added more chunks because of the comments on the P&Q - I figure you can't go wrong with more chocolate!

Lainie said...

Okay, these do look really good. I'll have to give these a whirl!

alvarosa said...

"rich, gorgeous brown" are just the perfect description for your wonderful looking muffins :0]

Peggy said...

Wow - yours are really chocolatey looking!! And I am just like you in that I don't mind the cooking, but the pictures and blogging I fall behind sometimes. These were really good.

Kayte said...

Geesh...those are really chocolatey. That's a good thing, right? lol Next week SCONES without chocolate, be still my heart! Hope you are all having a great summer, it is speeding by!

margot said...

The muffins look great! I thought they were delicious with extra chocolate. Natural light really makes a huge difference with food photos.

Unknown said...

Those are incredibly rich looking! Wow.

Cakelaw said...

These look so chocolatey and delish!