Monday, March 04, 2013

Baking here and there

I've been a huge TWD slacker.  I'm sure it's the case with a lot of people.  I'm baking a lot these days - but I'm baking what the kids/husband/friends request or what strikes my fancy.  This week's recipe was croissants.  As much as I love them, and I do, I wasn't brave enough to try this two-day-pound-of-butter-lots-of-fussing recipe.

So here's what we've been doing instead:  Confetti sugar cookies, hamentaschen, challah, date nut pumpkin bread, sourdough bacon maple waffles, cinnamon sugar nuts, granola, and...  maybe that's it.  I'm going to get back on the Dorie wagon, but then I'll be falling off again in May or so when we rip up our kitchen for four or five months.  I've been offered some friend kitchens so I don't lose my mojo.  Thank you, friends!

Here's a sample:




1 comment:

Kayte said...

TWD Slacker...lol...if you look it up online, there is a photo of me there...lol. I don't know, since Matt left for college, there are fewer reasons to bake as there are fewer people who eat it and I dislike having to throw out food that I worked to make, so I have just been doing what you have been doing, baking what is needed when it is needed and baking things I know that someone really really wants to eat. That said, I have missed quite a few recipes that I would have and should have made. I can't believe you are going to live with a torn up kitchen for all that time...omw, that's my worst nightmare. lol Hope you post photos of before and after, I just love seeing all that. Now, about that sprinkle cookie in your photos (not that the other photos aren't lovely and deserving of praise, but that sprinkle cookie has me almost drooling this morning)...I wish I had one or two of those right now...or, they look small...maybe 6 or 8!!