Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back to our big bag 'o veggies

And some other stuff.  Of course, all without pictures.  I gotta get on that.

And this week we have:  cherries, red kale, zucchini, lettuce, and parsley.  Other than the red kale, it's all easy and familiar.  The recipe that was included in the bag for the kale is, of course, with bacon.  Maybe I'll give it a try tonight.  The cherries are going to be eaten out of hand.  I can't resist.  The zucchini will be part of a Martha pasta dish that I love.  It calls for asparagus, but I'll use the zuchs.  Also on the menu, the chocolate pudding from TWD.  I'll let you know all about it on, you know, Tuesday.

Last week's ice cream, picked by the husband, was Dorie's Honey Peach Ice Cream.  It was divine.  I changed it up a bit and used buttermilk instead of whole milk.  I thought that with the sugar, honey, and peaches it might be too sweet.  Plus, I didn't have any more whole milk and didn't want to go to the store.  I liked the tang.  The husband thought it was a little too much like yogurt.  Maybe half buttermilk half whole milk next time.  

We've been enjoying some glorious summer days here.  That is, when it's not raining.  The kids want to go to the pool pretty much every day.  The boy plays tennis two afternoons a week, so the girl and I hang out at the park while he runs around.  We've been biking and scootering.  I planted some tomatoes, rhubarb, and strawberries.  We have tomatoes!  The rhubarb will hopefully make it through, and we'll have it for next summer.  The strawberries, well, RIP.  Today is the Lego Lady at the library.  I get to go to an art fair in the park while the husband hangs out at the library and reads.  Then tonight, it's a Jane Austen movie fest with some girlfriends.  Aaaaah, summer.

No comments: