Friday, May 23, 2008

Another edition of "big bag 'o veggies"

And this week we have:  the last of the season's ramps, parsnips, grey shallots, French breakfast radishes, eggplant, and mint.  

I know what to do with the ramps now.  The grey shallots look a lot like green onions to me.  I must do research.  The French breakfast radishes were something of a surprise.  The girl and I decided that we liked them raw.  They don't have the bite of a regular radish.  I think I'll try a baba ganoush with the eggplant.  I searched and found a wonderful recipe for mint honey.  I'll report back as I make any veggie items.

This week's TWD offering is Pecan Honey Sticky Buns.  It's a pretty labor intensive recipe.  Plus, the brioche dough calls for THREE sticks of butter.  I'm going to try to make them for Monday.  I will surely report on Tuesday.

Happy weekend, all!

No comments: