Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The next item from the big bag o veggies

Last night I used some of the spinach that we received.  I made a casserole that had a crust of hash browned potatoes, then a layer of turkey sausage sauteed with onion, wilted spinach, some shredded cheese, and a binder of eggs mixed with milk poured over the top.  I made it early and put it in the oven set to start at a later time.  The boy and the girl have swimming on Tuesday afternoon, and I wanted to have dinner ready for when we got home.  I miscalculated the time, and it sat in a hot oven for a little longer than I would have liked.  The sausage got a little burnt on top.  But the potatoes were wonderful.  Crispy on the edges and creamy in the middle.  Both kids ate some, but, "It was good, but it wasn't my favorite."  We hear that when they only want to eat a little and perhaps not hurt my feelings.  

Tonight I went out with a girlfriend, so it was leftovers for the rest of the crew.  

I still have to try something with the ramps.  Especially since I think I'm getting more this Friday.  I also forgot to mention the parsnips.  Three of them.  Any suggestions?    

No comments: