Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie

I just joined a fabulous group.  It's called Tuesdays with Dorie.  It's all based on a cook book (previously mentioned) called Baking: From My Home to Yours by a woman named Dorie Greenspan.  The idea is that, each week, a new recipe is picked by a member of the group.  All of the other group members bake said recipe, post photos and comment on it.  I'm very excited for a few reasons.  Who needed it, but I now have an excuse to try a new baked good at least twice a month.  It's pretty cool to be trying a recipe along with a group of people.  And, I get to eat a new baked good at least twice a month.

The recipe for the 20th is Madeleines.  I'm going to have to fake it a little because I don't have a madeleine pan.  They won't look like little sea shells, but I'll bet they'll taste great.  I'll post the details once they're made.  If you are curious about madeleines and their history, here's a page with some of the history.

If you want to see the site, here's the link.  Check back by Tuesday to see my results.

No comments: