Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's been a busy week

It's been a little crazy around here.  The boy is done with school, so we have been thisclose all week.  Monday we went to a friend's house for a wonderful meat fest.  Smoked brisket, pork shoulder, and ribs.  I ate enough meat for three or four days.  I've done some cooking, but I was out more than I was in.  I did make Alton Brown's Granola Bars.  They are a big hit with the adults.  The kids would like them if they had chocolate chips in them.  They are slightly more dense then the usual chewy granola bar.  But they are toasty and chewy and very good.  I've been following the TWD thread that talks about this week's recipe.  I'm think I'm going to make the brownies tonight.

I saw Avenue Q last night.  It was a little racy and a lot of fun.  I highly recommend it.  The husband and I saw Eddie Izzard at the Chicago Theater two weeks ago.  I've been to the city for dinner twice this year.  I went to the same restaurant both times.  The food was good, so it was fine.  However, you'd think with the number of restaurants that this city has, I'd go somewhere else.  Maybe next year.

This morning was the Lew Blond 5K race.  He was a teacher from a local district that had ALS.  Nice race.  We went to an art festival today.  My husband and I rarely agree on art.  It's our tenth anniversary in June.  We found something we both liked.  Happy anniversary!

I'll report on the TWD baking and the big bag 'o veggies soon.

No comments: