Thursday, June 26, 2008

One (of the many) reasons I could never host a cooking show

I am a scraper.  I scrape every last bit off the beaters, spoon, and bowl.  Every.  Last.  Bit.  It pains me when I watch a cooking show, and they pour the batter into the pan (or whatever) and just put the spoon in the bowl and dump it in the sink.  They are leaving so much deliciousness behind!

This is also why I like deglazing pans.  Nothing goes to waste!  And then, of course, I scrape out all the saucy goodness onto whatever I cooked.

I'm pretty sure I own at least a half dozen rubber spatulas.  You can never have too many!  I even have a special rigid plastic scraper for the ice cream maker.

John, Martha Stewart's baking guy;  he's a scraper, too.  Maybe I could bake with him.  

2 comments:

Jayne said...

ME TOO! Oh, I can't STAND it when they just pour and then set the mixing bowl aside!! And sometimes, before they commit this sin, they tell you to "scrape the entire mixture into the pan" or something like that. Drives. Me. Crazy. I couldn't host a cooking show either, for that same reason. I knew I wasn't the only one!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.