Monday, June 16, 2008

TWD: You just need a little imagination

Well, I did end up baking, but I went back to the archives.  I need a dessert for tomorrow, but I really only wanted one step.  Don't get me wrong, the Peppermint Cream Puff Ring will be on my table one day.  Just not this one.

Instead, I made the Perfection Pound Cake.  Here it is just after it came out of the oven:  

Mmmm.  It's golden brown on the outside and it smells heavenly.  Here it is all wrapped up so it can "ripen" as Dorie recommends.



Now, tonight it will be sliced into slabs and covered with fresh strawberries macerated in a little sugar and an alcohol to be named later.  I will also put just a dollop of whipped cream on top.  I will not, however, have pictures.  It might be a little hard to explain to our hosts why it is I'm whipping out my camera and stopping everyone from enjoying the goodness.  

Never fear, though.  Next week I will be right back in the saddle.  The chosen recipe is Mixed Berry Cobbler.  YUM!  Thank you to Beth of Our Sweet Life for choosing the yummyness.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to try Dorie's pound cake. Looks like it turned out well and your ideas for serving it sound great!

Prudy said...

Here's another one I've been wanting to try. Especially since the berries are so good right now and would be so heavenly on top.

marae said...

mmmm i skipped out on cream puff too this time...too busy with Father's Day and cupcakes!!! but i love your pound cake.

LyB said...

I haven't tried that pound cake yet. I've had a horrible experience making pound cake and I'm still a little scared. Yours looks fabulous, it'll be delicious with the strawberries. :)

Linda said...

Wow, your pound cake looks delicious by the look of its golden buttery crust! I like the idea of adding fruit and a dash of something boozey...YUM!

Marie Rayner said...

mmmm....great looking pound cake, one of my absolute favourite things to eat! Yours looks wonderful! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Yum, I've been meaning to try this one. Let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

I can see you at the liquor store asking for "a liquor to be determined later...." no, wait that would be me who would be that clueless...your cake looks lovely and next time: TAKE OUT THAT CAMERA, I am sure they will think it is charming that you are doing so.

Whatcha knittin' this week?

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Looks delicious - I am sure the dessert was a great success. This recipe is on my list of Dorie Catch-ups.

Anonymous said...

The pound cake looks really yummy. I almost did a different recipe too . . . Oh wait, I did ; )

CB said...

I didn't make the pound cake yet (wasn't a member when they made it) but its definitely on my to-bake list! Great job!
Clara @ I♥food4thought

Bumblebutton said...

Oh please do tell us how it tastes...it looks so yummy. Hope it is delicious!

Hygeian Stew said...

I've been wanting to make pound cake for awhile, and yours looks great!

Jacque said...

Mmmm, it's hard to beat pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream.

Yum!

Jaime said...

looks great; i found it a bit dry and also served it w/macerated strawberries and whipped cream to hide the fact that it was too dry. hope you enjoyed it!